English Heritage is not able to welcome visitors to the J.W Evans Factory within social distancing guidelines at present. Check Contact details at bottom for latest updates.
English Heritage stepped in to rescue J. W. Evans Silver Factory in 2008. With the completion of the repairs programme, the site opened to the public in summer 2011.
Established in 1881, J. W. Evans is one of the most complete surviving historic factories in Birmingham’s Jewellery Quarter. To walk into the factory today is to enter a lost industrial world.
Behind the frontage of four terraced houses, the workshops retain their original drop stamps and fly presses. They are packed with thousands of dies for the manufacture of silverware, as well as the whole of the working equipment, stock and records of the business.
Entrance to J.W. Evans Silver Factory is by pre-booked tours only. The size of the property means these are limited to 10 people per tour. To purchase your tickets please call our dedicated Ticket Sales Team on 0370 333 1183 (Mon – Fri 8.30am – 5.30 Sat 9am – 5pm)